Thursday, September 24, 2015

Sticky Shoes

Hooray For Shoes!
Shoes PROTECT my feet
So sad I never really thought
On this before.
Down the street, walking
On a boiling summer day
Hot, hot, hot
Hiking up on a cow trail
Plop, plop, plop
Cleaning a flooded restroom
Slop, slop, slop
Now that this thought
Has captured my mind
It sure is fun to think
And find,
All the times my feet would be dreading
If it weren't for the fine leather
On which they were treading!
What would I do without boots
And slippers? Heels and sneakers?
Ski boots or flippers? Flip flops for
The shower while camping  and sandals
To show off my perfect pedi!
So hail to the cobbler, Nike and reebok!
Our toes aren't getting stubbed.
And our balls, heels and arches
Are safe from bees and prickers
Germs, cuts, snakes' tongues
And marches
Not to mention
Stones, sticks, snow and slivers!
Heaven knows
From my head to my toes
I'll never think the same about my shoes!








No comments:

Post a Comment