Thursday, November 3, 2016

Back to my sticky notes, literally.  My daughter Jessica is doing some kind of November writing thing.  I don't know what it's called because it's not a real word.  But she has the goal of writing a book and publishing it in November and it has to be at least 50000 words!  She found out that I wrote a poem for Dennis Moore's family and now she wants me to be her writing buddy.  We check in with each other everyday to see what progress we have made.  Me with my poems and she with her book. So my goal is to work on a poem everyday.  Today I looked up poetry on the internet and found a wonderful resource.  I learned about acrostic poems.   They look like this.


Five little letters spell this powerful word.
A  mustard seed worth can move
Icy mountains, tame roaring seas
The sick are healed, Hearts are soothed
Have faith in Christ, and miracles will never cease!

No comments:

Post a Comment