Friday, November 11, 2016

Today I worked on the poem I wrote yesterday.  I hope you like the finished (as of this moment) product.  Today swimming, lunch, and work are pretty normal.  Well, maybe not I was able to hold and play with Hudson while his dad, one of my best, all-time- favorite workers, worked on a letter of recommendation from me.  The kids are so much better at writing  and its all true so it works.  Hudson is six months old, very fair, happy, wants to be on the move, got 4 shots today, wasn't grumpy yet, scratched my face and was fascinated by the construction going on out back.

Hudson, a name implying greatness, strength and patience
I'm thinking of the river and Indians and settlers
Boats, oarsmen, wars, shipments of supplies
commerce, gateway.  Tall cliffs, large, seagulls,
 passageway to the north, George Washington
 New York City, and patriots.
What a wonderful name.  Wonder why they picked it.

2 comments:

  1. I love how the poem takes us on journey. And how it opens up all these associations that are present but that are invisible. And how it ends playfully - self consciously - recognizing the poet has made a lot of beautiful assumptions. I like the magical realism. Did you show it to them? What do they think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I didn't. I'm glad you like it, I was just writing words that came to my mind thinking at some point I'd put it in poem form but I love your critique so I'll leave it as is;)

    ReplyDelete