Monday, November 7, 2016

Today
I made
some chili
Ordinary
No I should say not, it grossed my Jim out!
Had to wash it down with a chaser of fries and nuggets
I was pleasantly pleased, expecting the worst
Cautiously ate a few bites and
declared this could win a prize possibly first
My friend, Cody, shot the elegant Elk
with his trusty bow and arrow-
he said it was old and wouldn't
taste better than an old
wheel barrow.
So, its a nice surprise
when you think you'll despise
and it turns out completely different
and utterly better than you ever expected
I mean I was ready for gamey awfulness
but the cumin and chili powder
covered it up like clams in a chowder!
So thanks Cody for sharing
Going into the mountains
Aiming, gutting, and hauling
Just being so  daring!
Your Elk made a tasty meal
 you may have even expanded
my dietary choices, do people eat seal?

3 comments:

  1. elk burger is yummy. "aiming, gutting and hauling/ Just being so daring!" now that's a vivid image! is there a #knowwhereyourfoodcomesfrom ?haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. can you hashtag these? not that I know how!! Thanks for your comments Jess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm like an 80 year old woman, I'm not even sure what a hashtag is... not sure if that is shameful or wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete