Wednesday, November 9, 2016

So, if you read my last post I was devastated after the election of Donald Trump as
 President of the United States.  I knew in my heart that Heavenly Father could take care of the bitterness I felt inside.  Luckily, Wednesdays are temple days for Jim and I.  It was the perfect remedy for the way I was feeling.  I know I am skeptical when people tell me they feel better after going to the temple.  But now I know for myself that it can happen.  I went in feeling like my world was falling apart and that I'd never get over the question of, how could this happen.  But from the moment the endowment session started, it felt like I was hearing the words like I had never really heard them before or understood them in such a real way.  I had prayed the last time I went to the temple that, could these things that I'm hearing be made more real to me Heavenly Father?  I'd forgotten that prayer, it was given at least 3 weeks ago.  But Heavenly Father didn't forget and I was blessed today to know some pretty amazing things.  I have got to remember what I learned!  Confidence because I am a Queen to be!This beautiful earth really was made with love to house us while in this mortal state.  I can live my life thinking about the Savior as I make daily decisions and repent.  I felt focused and that my mind was quickened by the spirit, more attentive and understanding.  It was a really good feeling.

Here is a Kennings poem

The Spirit in the Temple healed

Soul-soother
Peace-giver
Soul-enlarger

Spirit-lightener
Confidence-builder
Knowledge-bestower

Truth-revealer
Light-sender
Reality-checker
Bond-cementer

The Temple was a miracle for me today.

4 comments:

  1. that's a beautiful experience and a lovely poem mom. Tony's post quoting CS Lewis screw tape letters did that for me yesterday. Reminded me that even if I will stand up for what's right, lamenting and fearing and fretting will only fill me with darkness. I love you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to check Tony's out. How's the writing today?

      Delete
  2. I love the form of this poem. Nice choice - it seems so appropriate for the direct and full sentiment you are expressing. I encountered a lot of individuals who felt devistated yesterday. Thanks for reminding how fortunate we are in what we have.

    ReplyDelete