Saturday, November 5, 2016

Today is my Grandpa Daniels birthday.  I don't know how old he would be.  I have very fond memories of him. He had a dog named Pete when I was small and then a dog named Missy that would ride in the car with him with her head out the window over his shoulder.  Whenever we went to Carvel for a treat he would get her a pineapple sundae.  He would play parcheese with us and cards and get out his pennies and play poker.  We would listen to Boston Redsox baseball games and Yankees too on the radio on summer evenings in the back yard. He chewed tobacco and had a can in the car he would spit into.And he put ketchup on his mashed potatoes.
 I went to visit mom and dad's grave today.  I wrote some haiku's while I was there. They aren't very good but I will write them down.

Elmer and Dor'thy
Could you be angels watching,
Guiding us to Thee?

Elmer and Dor'thy
Do angels get any rest
Watching over us?

Gramp, Happy Birthday
Are you working with Mom for
Your posterity?

Here's one I thought of as I was walking to the cemetary about a mile from our house.

Thighs are getting fat
Never noticed that before
Thigh fat, no! Not that!

There once was a couple, Will and Jess
A supremely suited pair, I must confess
They both love pizza
Playing golf, going to plays a
And hunting for wild horses!


No comments:

Post a Comment